Cordless drills are a must-have in any DIY enthusiast or construction worker’s toolkit. They are versatile, portable, and can handle a wide range of tasks. Dewalt is a brand that is well-known for producing high-quality cordless drills, and the Dewalt DCD996 and DCD998 are two of their most popular models. Both drills have impressive features that make them stand out in the market, but the question is which one is better?
In this blog post, we will compare the Dewalt DCD996 vs DCD998. We will take a closer look at the specifications, features, and overall performance of each drill, and then decide on which one is the better option.
Difference Between Dewalt DCD996 And DCD998
|Belt hook, 360° side handle
|Number of Speeds
Feature of Dewalt DCD996 ( compared with DCD998 )
The Dewalt DCD996 is a powerful and reliable tool equipped with a brushless motor that provides efficient performance and longer runtime. This feature allows the tool to generate less heat and friction, making it last longer and require less maintenance.
Moreover, the heavy-duty 1/2-inch ratcheting nitro-carburized metal chuck provides superior bit gripping strength, ensuring that the tool can handle a variety of materials and applications with ease.
One of the standout features of the Dewalt DCD996 is its 3-Mode 20X brighter LED, which provides ultimate visibility in dimly lit workspaces. This feature is particularly useful for professionals who work in construction, plumbing, or electrical fields, as they often encounter low-light environments.
Additionally, the tool boasts an impressive 820 Units Watts Out (UWO) and 2,250 RPM, enabling it to deliver fast and powerful results. Moreover, the 3-speed transmission allows users to tailor the tool’s performance to their specific needs, making it a versatile and adaptable addition to any professional’s toolkit.
Feature of Dewalt DCD998 ( compared with DCD996 )
The Dewalt DCD998 cordless drill is a powerful and versatile tool that is designed to meet the needs of professionals and DIY enthusiasts alike. With a maximum speed of 2800 RPM and a 300 Watt motor, this drill delivers excellent performance and can handle even the toughest tasks.
The 8 Amps of power ensure that the drill can work continually and efficiently without overheating or losing power. The all-metal transmission and 1/2-in ratcheting nitro-carburized metal chuck make this drill robust and durable, ensuring that it can withstand the demands of frequent use.
One of the standout features of the Dewalt DCD998 cordless drill is its LED spotlight with a 20-minute shutoff function. This feature allows users to work in low-light conditions and provides excellent visibility when drilling in confined spaces.
The spotlight automatically turns off after 20 minutes of use, conserving battery power and ensuring that the user doesn’t accidentally drain the battery. Another feature that sets this drill apart from others is its 3-speed settings. This allows users to adjust the speed and torque of the drill to match the specific task at hand, whether it’s drilling through wood, metal, or concrete.
Advantages Of Dewalt DCD996 (Over DCD998 )
- Brushless motor: The brushless motor allows for a better finish and is more durable than traditional motors.
- Heavy-duty 1/2-inch ratcheting nitro-carburized metal chuck: The heavy-duty 1/2-inch ratcheting nitro-carburized metal chuck is stronger than a standard chuck and can handle heavier loads.
- Superior bit gripping strength: The bit gripping strength is superior, allowing for better torque and accuracy.
- 3-Mode 20X brighter LED: The 3-mode 20X brighter LED provides more light, making it easier to work in low-light environments.
- The 820 Units Watts Out UWO 2,250 RPM 3-speed transmission offers faster speeds and more torque.
Advantages Of Dewalt DCD998 (Over DCD996 )
- The drill boasts an impressive 2800 RPM, which enables users to tackle tough drilling tasks quickly and efficiently.
- With a power output of 300 Watts, the Dewalt DCD998 is capable of handling various drilling and screwdriving applications with ease.
- The integrated LED spotlight provides excellent visibility in low light conditions, while the 20-minute shutoff function helps to conserve battery life.
- The 1/2-in ratcheting nitro-carburized metal chuck ensures a secure grip on bits and prevents slippage during use.
- The all-metal transmission delivers increased durability and longevity, making the drill a reliable investment for any user.
Dewalt DCD996 Or DCD998 – Which One Is Right For You?
When it comes to choosing the right cordless drill, the Dewalt DCD996 and DCD998 are two popular options that many professionals and DIY enthusiasts consider. Both models offer impressive features, making them a reliable choice for various drilling and driving tasks. However, it’s essential to understand the differences between the two models to make an informed decision based on your needs.
Is Dewalt DCD996 better over DCD998 ?
The Dewalt DCD996 is a powerful and durable drill with a brushless motor that provides longer run time and efficient performance. It also features a heavy-duty 1/2-inch ratcheting nitro-carburized metal chuck, which offers superior bit gripping strength and reduces slippage during use. Additionally, the DCD996 has a 3-speed transmission that allows users to adjust the speed according to the task at hand, along with an LED light that illuminates the work area.
Is Dewalt DCD998 better over DCD996 ?
the Dewalt DCD998 boasts a 3-Mode 20X brighter LED that illuminates the work area with precision, making it easier to work in low-light conditions. It also has an impressive 820 Units Watts Out UWO and a maximum speed of 2,250 RPM, making it a great choice for heavy-duty drilling tasks.
Ultimately, the choice between the two drills comes down to personal preference. Therefore, when making your decision, study on the features carefully and invest on the drill that is more suitable for your needs.